Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Colouring Competition

Interestingly, my 2nd shot at a colour competition was yet again at Hong Leong Bank. They are big on community activities leveraged to offer banking services and to promote their presence in a fun manner.
Free Ice-cream!! If this is not fun filled enough, I'm not sure what else would be. I got the note not because daddy was a customer of theirs but they took the trouble to distribute fliers at school. All out promotion.
Last Saturday was divided to 2 sessions and I got myself a place in the 11am slot. Despite the free ice-cream offer, the place wasn't pouring with kids ... surprisingly.
Penchant for modern art, my take on smurfs (the given picture to colour) was a version not limited to their traditional blue skin. I attempted a sketch like feel but it kinda back fired.
A number of seasoned competition goers came well prepared and they certainly didn't disappoint getting a little trophy for themselves. Though I was happy with my work, it does need serious corrective measures.
The rest of us outside the top 3 were presented a certificate of attendance for our efforts.
But the whole idea of an ice-cream day didn't shine as much. To get one, I needed a pre-registered coupon, a sign off next to the freezer and then proceed to pick one in the presence of these gentlemen. A little exaggerated I must say but knowing Malaysians ... it was an advisable move.

No comments: