Sunday, July 21, 2013

Another Year Older .... 6 on 13/7

A week ago, my birthday fiesta was celebrated over the weekend. Since it fell on a Saturday, it made it even merrier and the party continued throughout the 2 days.
Started the day bright with prayers at home and blessings from the elders.
Proceeded to the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple, which has been where I perform special pooja every year for my birthday. The chief priest was in awe of how much I've grown.
Later in the evening, the celebration got off in a very moderate way with a small family gathering over dinner arranged at the Aryan, next to the Quality Hotel.
Serving authentic Northern Indian cuisine, this fine dining restaurant presents itself in a contemporary, chic setting that brings the best in tradition in a modern setup.
We had the pleasure of uncle and aunty,
Grandpa and Grandma,
and Granduncle and his family.
We enjoyed Aryan's fine biryani and tandoori sets. The flavours in both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian servings were really good.
Later at home, it was cake cutting and this time I went with the Disney princess sugar sheet. The change was inevitable as I grow. No more Dora for this little girl!
Made my wish and got all 6 candles at one go.
Best of all was the presents! The lovely dress I'm wearing, an adorable Minnie Mouse back pack, board games and a microscope set were just a few to name. Not forgetting cash gifts for my savings.

No comments: