Thursday, January 27, 2011

First Colouring Competition

The Hong Leong bank held a Chinese New Year open house with a range activities at it's premises last weekend. It's basically a promotional drive to entice new customers. While the adults got busy browsing banking options, the kids were roped into a colouring competition.
For a first timer, neither did I settle for crayons nor colour pencils but joined a water colour on canvas competition. A wax art showcasing the year of the rabbit was pre-drawn and we just had to colour it.
You guessed it! It's Batik Art! I had some trouble with the mixing but the turn out was quite spectacular since there's no right or wrong colour combination for Batik. Tricky to be within boundaries nevertheless I'm proud of my work.
I was the youngest participant and got a consolation trophy for my 10 minutes effort within the given hour. It was a great experience.

No comments: