Sunday, December 2, 2012

IBM Family Day 2012

Yesterday morning, I got up early to join daddy at the organization's Family Day event which was held at the Tropicana Golf and Country Resort.
We made it there by 8am and had ample time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. The resort housed some of the finest palace like homes of the rich and famous.
Event and activity registration was a breeze for all the early comers. We had our breakfast mingling and I got to know some of daddy's colleagues.
Another plus point about being early is that most of the activities were empty! I got a lovely flower painted on my hand. Kudos to the artist and her creativity.
The end design was so cool, walking around displaying it attracted instant recognition and other kids started to make a beeline to the face painting booth.
Next stop was at the sand art corner. It's a must have in every event involving kids.
As the event proper started to unfold, 2 exceptionally fit folks took the stage to warm the attendees up for the opening ceremony. We surely did with sweat pouring all over.
While the adults got busy at bowling and telematch, I signed up for the colouring competition. Didn't make the podium but had good fun making new friends.
It was also a pleasant surprise for me as I came to know a female clown. The first I've seen! She was very friendly and am glad to see her in this male dominated industry.
The highlight for me was the Tug of war! I was in Team Apple against mighty Banana.
It was a tough battle for the opponent had some well built kids and their anchor sent shiver down our spines. With all our might, we managed a decent 2nd place.
Made more friends and continued with all the sand art we could get as it was free flow for hours. Though the food was tad bit disappointing for an MNC standard, all the activity were in good fun and great bonding.

No comments: