Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Deepavali!

It's 'Rocker Vali'! It was a rather speedy week and here we are for a fun filled day with loads of good food! The celebration kicks off big time.
Certain aspects of the preparation were left to me and I jumped right into them as soon as I woke up. Getting all the delicacies lined up in the serving tray.
Some of them were really delicate thus needed extra care in handling them.
Very inviting indeed!
I decided on setting up the cards on the TV cabinet giving it a different look from past years of hanging them up. It gave a very distinctively interesting feel.
I tried my hand at Water Rangoli using fresh flowers. It turned out pretty nice and with little tealight candles all around them, it will surely look marvelous.
Prayers was at the Sri Subramaniam Temple in Jalan Ipoh.
All of us made our way to aunty and uncles home where we enjoyed breakfast.
Right after that we were back to my place just before lunch where we all received our Deepavali 'angpow'. This year, I had a bigger collection ;-)
Lunch was at Uncle Sarvesh's place.
Italian dinner at Grumps. Fish schnitzel with italian sausage served with spiral pasta, salad and mushroom sauce. A touch of western to round up the day.
My water rangoli in all it's glory with the candles lit up.

1 comment:

mcdvoice said...

Happy Diwali 2020 .It’s an ancient Indian festival – Diwali 2020: a festival of lights which is celebrated on a yearly basis.Happy Diwali Images – Happy Deepavali