Thursday, December 26, 2013

Toddling @ The Neem, Melaka

My favourite destination has always been Melaka due to the new adventures it presents and the reasonably close distance from KL. My recent trip last week brought memories of this holiday I had in June which was pretty cool in it's own way.
Like all holidays, I took Minnie along for the June trip.
My first stop then was the Butterfly and reptile park which was located just after the Ayer Keroh toll. The butterflies were cute but I can't say the same for the reptiles.
I got a chance to release a basket full of butterflies and it was pretty ticklish when they burst out flying in all direction and hitting you right in the face!
The Koi pond was another beautiful attraction for they can smell you approaching with a bag of fish food. The guys literally jump up trying to get a bite.
Didn't miss my customary Melaka river cruise.
My stay back in June was in this hidden gem called 'The Neem'. Finding it was a challenge as anyone not familiar with the streets of Melaka would miss the turning.
They have a pool and this cool trampoline. I was hooked on it and after all the bouncing play, hitting the pool just made it so much fun.
It was such a pleasure staying here moreover with great hosts and no doubt it's always booked and we certainly were lucky to get a room. We stayed in the 'Ketapang' which also happens to be the biggest room they offered with 2 queen sized beds.
We also made stops at Jonker Street for shopping.
We also took a drive to Kampung Chetti where the Chitty community resides in Melaka. They are a distinctive group of Tamil people found both here in Melaka and in Singapore, who are also known as the Indian Peranakans.
What impressive me the most was the importance they give to education. This was a free standing unit dedicated to their very own library.
When in Melaka, don't miss the trishaw!
All in ... it was a very relaxing holiday!

No comments: