Friday, July 18, 2008

Special Prayers on My Birthday

The day started off very very early, I was force to wake up even though everyone knew we had a blast the night before. Grandma raised the radio volume trying to awaken me. ZZZzzzzzz

I got into a very nice traditional outfit and we all went to the temple. There was a special prayer arranged just for me ..... I'm touched.

It was at the Sri Karpaga Vinayagar Temple. A very beautiful and peaceful place to perform our prayers. It's located right behind the famous Batu Caves.

Here's a shot taken from the temple entrance at Batu Caves, gives you an idea of which part of behind Batu Caves I'm taking about.

Daddy carried me all the way around the temple and throughout the prayers. Poor daddy, I'm growing up and certainly not getting any lighter. I took this shot while hanging on to Daddy's collar for balance.


After the prayers we head down to Batu Caves to carry out our prayers there and have our breakfast. As usual everyone had nice hot plate of 'thosai' with vegetable curry and I had my cereal. Daddy says this is the first time he's trying this flavour for me, for fear of me throwing up, I noticed he kept his distance.

I had the Nestle Gold cereal oats with prunes ....Yum! It was very nice indeed. I really enjoyed it. At least they thought of giving me a good meal on my birthday.

PS. Thosai or Dosa is a thin pancake made of rice and black gram flour. This is how it looks like


That night it was party all the way, we had a small family gathering with all my grand uncles & aunties at a very cosy indian restaurant for dinner and the cake cutting ceremony .... and that's another story ..... I'll still need to get the pictures cause daddy found out about me fiddling around with his camera phone and hid it away..Gggrrrrrr..

No comments: