Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Night Market

Last Sunday marked another first for me. 2 years in Kepong and this was my first trip to the Weekly Night Market. The irony is I've been to neighbouring markets but not the one in my own back yard!

Getting there was half the fun as we had to walk through alleys. It can get scary at night but why fear when daddy's here!

It was close to 7pm but the place was already bustling with people. The Kepong Night Market is famed for it's wide selection of food predominantly chinese. The family's been here for almost 35 years, so I guess I better start getting use to this.

Food stalls, gift items, clothings and lots of tit-bits on sale. I got myself a toy while I was there. Neither did it cost much nor lived long enough. The windup toy failed by the time I got home.

It wasn't the festive season but people shopped like it was. It will always be crowded every week despite the economic slowdown.

No comments: