Sunday, May 29, 2011

Arts & Crafts by ParenThots

Despite being day 1 of the Mid Year break, daddy woke me up early yesterday citing the need to go Que up. Didn't quite knew what was in store till I actually got there and was I in for a surprise!
 
'ParenThots', a popular parenting column in the local daily The Star were the brains behind this massive effort. Held at Tropicana City Mall, the event was a crafty 3 hours starting at 11am presenting some popular art and craft talents showcasing their handy work.
Made sense being there early cause the crowd build-up began an hour earlier. We were lucky to be the 1st five in line and being a free event handing out goodie bag for the kids and promising a blast with your loved ones ... Isn't that enticing enough?
There were a selection of 4 different art and craft counters for the kids to try out. Some needed an hour of work while some depended on how fast you were with them. The crowd continued forming so it wasn't fair to stay on too long so we decided to try our best finishing them fast enough.
I jumped right in to some simple looking paper art ... at least that's the impression I got at first glance. It wasn't easy and at the same time not too tricky. You needed steady hands and fabulous imagination to put the finished paper products together. Miyyah was the brains behind this counter.
A strong advocate for lateral thinking, my philosophy to art ... 'No Rules'. It's purely my interpretation, advance apologies to artists reading this. Honestly, isn't my work a fine piece?
After the twisting and rolling, I crossed over to kneading and shaping. Clay like made from dough with icing sugar dust to prevent sticky fingers. They were easy to play with fine fragrance. An invitation to anybody walking nearby to come find out what's cooking! Here's more pictures from the event.
It's been a fantastic start to the holidays for I had a swell time!

No comments: