Sunday, May 1, 2011

KL International Book Fair 2011

My 2nd experience at the 'International' Book Fair turned out to be far better than last year. Daddy was impressed at a wider variety of books this year.
We took a brisk, scenic 10 min. walk from across the river where we parked avoiding a long stretch driving into PWTC. The pavements were bustling with folks returning with bags of books. A sign of good bargain? I sure hope so.
Many activities were held throughout and being a long weekend (May Day holiday), it attracted bus loads of people. We didn't hang around the stage area for long despite attractive giveaways for participants.
Daddy was beaming with joy for a whole floor was allocated to international publishers with a good selection of hard to get books. Kudos to the organizers for making daddy a happy man cause this will certainly result in a fair amount of spending on me!
The 'Peter and Jane' series are used at school for reading sessions. It wasn't mandatory for us to get a set for home practice but they were on sale and a call to principal Sarah on how I fared so far got daddy to invest in them.
I was happy with the prior purchase, but this got my head spinning. I'm 4 and enjoying kindy life ... not quite ready for Mensa International!

No comments: