Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Year Older ... 4 on 13/7

This year, the celebration was moderate but big on presentation. Daddy made it memorable in his own way and I was all appreciative of the efforts taken.
The day kick started at school and being a July baby, I had my friends preempted on the big day and the build up got them just as excited as I was.
Principal Sarah was kinda enough to allow break time for the cake cutting. Daddy came with the cake, gift bags for my friends and party hats. I was in total excitement when I saw it all ready as we walked downstairs.
Everyone had the lovely chocolate sponge cake and each of them gave me a hug and wished me as I handed them the goodie bag with a lovely pencil holder with basic stationery in them and loads of sweets.
At lunch, I was up in the air again for Grandpa's Disney Encyclopedia present. I was pretty much glued to it till we got home.
What's my birthday without a homage to my Lord Ganesh. He's been kind and always looking out for me in many ways and my big day wouldn't be complete without sharing it with him at the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple.
Of course the party continued into the night with another cake cutting ceremony. The fancy attires you see all throughout were all birthday presents and I have enough to last me till I turn 5!
Here's a clear snapshot of both my cakes, the numeric 4 cake was custom designed with daddy engaging a discussion with the artist at the bakery to get Dora looking so sharp and lovely. This design would surely be added to their cake album for future orders.
Daddy was on a 'swiping' spree and got me my dream present, The Casio CTK2100 Keyboard. I could see his eyes all puffed up, tears of joy mixed with anticipation on the monthly credit due.
The other surprise came in last weekend when my birthday greetings appeared on Star Metro's Saturday edition. Being photo shy, this was the best shot of me grinning from ear to ear.

This Birthday I took on another avatar that of a 'Mini Aunty', daddy's gift from Bangalore last year finally fit me to T. Back to baby steps for me, learning to walk in this Mysore silk piece. Was this the best ever birthday for me? You Bet!

2 comments:

dhena said...

My dear darling Sathya, Happy Birthday Dearest.. I saw you when you less than a day old.. you have grown to be such a sweetheart..

And daddy dearest has taken all measures to ensure just that..

Unknown said...

Thank You very much Aunty. With age comes responsibility ... a popular phrase from daddy off late.