Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Toddling @ Japan Fund Raiser Charity Bazaar

We saw this banner by chance while driving by the Riverwalk, Jalan Ipoh. Grand Uncle is attached to the company that re-imaged this place easily said, the next Bangsar.
From daddy's memory, there use to be a 7-11 at the corner which has since become Subway and these guys only picks locations that are deemed 'hot' for business to open their outlet.
The Fund raiser had a fair share of booths selling new and used items to raise money for the Tsunami victims. Minimum purchase of a 20 ringgit coupon booklet to start the shopping with.
The clothings and accessories were pretty impressive. I got myself 2 lovely hair bands and a must have all fabric Elmo badge. It was too cute to say no to. My financier was more than happy to get it for me.
I got myself a book too and the nice aunty gave us 20% off the already low price cause it had some scribbles here and there. Must be her kid's handy work. I'm no saint either, I've left my mark on it already.
The 'hot' spot at the bazaar was the kids zone. The fancy mini bowling was the highlight. If you look carefully at the booth operator seated on the chair to the left of the photo, you will notice in his hands, a dried coconut still in its husk which is used as the bowling ball. I'm never gonna drop a pin with that so left the macho work to Daddy. Lucky for me, he got some pins rolling winning a small token in the process.

No comments: