Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Year Older .... 5 on 13/7

A much delayed post and for that my apologies. Turning 5 was yet another milestone but what made it exceptionally tough was the immediate changes that took place.

For one, I've been enrolled for tuition classes! Good Lord, for a 5 year old? Is this necessary? A debate ensued with daddy revealing the idea wasn't really about the grades but more to get time allocated purely for studies and making that a habit.

We'll come to that a little later but here's some insight details on how my 5th birthday went about.
It started massive, with a custom made cake to my design for the celebration at school. It was so big it needed the whole front seat ... well at least the box.
The cake was the eye candy along with the birthday girl. My friends went hysterical just looking at the box and the unpacking released a synchronized 'oohh & Wahh'.
They all sang for me and with the merger along with the 6 year olds, the celebration was bigger. My friends all lined up to hug and wish me individually as I handed out the small token of appreciation I made for them.
The design is no secret, it's a broken barbie doll recycled creating the top half of the gown chocolate cake decorated with M&Ms and the envy of all my friends.
Lunch was at the Mushroom Cuisine Organic restaurant in Metro Perdana (http://www.facebook.com/MushroomCuisine). Since it was a Friday, we decided on an all vegetarian affair.
The evening was basically prayers at my favourite temple.
The next day another celebration ensued with another brilliantly designed cake with my idol, Izzy from Jake and the neverland pirates.
I had a blast and you could see a partially hidden bicycle. Well need I say more the reason behind the million dollar smile.
Dinner was a simple variety of chinese cuisines takeaway.
Izzy wasn't easy if she was hand drawn so the baker had it printed on this thin edible sugar sheet. I must say, King's bakery did a fabulous job on both the cakes.

No comments: