Sunday, August 26, 2012

School Holiday Project #4

The highlight during this holiday was the 3 days camp at the Kids Gym in Kuchai Avenue, Kuchai Entreprenuers Park. Daddy enrolled me to join the program held for the kids of this school as they sold seats over Groupon.
It was a 3 half day programme with the first 2 days focusing on indoor activities that encompassed story telling, group discussion, art & craft, Clay and Lego activity with lots of musical interludes.
The whole programme and it's interactive activities was built around animal discovery as the main theme.
The amount of shoes gives a good indication of how popular this programme was.
The teachers were all foreigners and as it was the first time participating in a lesson / activity led by them, it was a new experience for me as they bring a different approach to handling kids.
On the 3rd and final day, we were all taken to the National Zoo as a round-up to our theme of the programme to experience seeing live animals.
To be honest I wasn't super excited as I've seen 2 of the best zoo's in the world but not to undermine my own country, we certainly have a long way to world standards.
I was really excited only because I made lots of new friends and a special mention to Solis - my buddy, whom you can see from the 2nd photo above who is sitting next to me in a Ben 10 sweat shirt.
The other exciting factor was that daddy could also tag along and the management was very giving in allowing parents to come on their own expense.
We never really 'walked' to view the animals but instead was ferried around, super speed, in the Zoo tram. The rush was to make the 11am animal show.
The sea lion show was entertaining and my new friends and I enjoyed every bit of it despite sitting in scorching afternoon sun.
I took the courage to volunteer in one of the acts where I held up a note for the bird to fly down and sit on my hand and take it with it's beak. It was a well spent 10 ringgit that goes into the collection for the wildlife preservation.

We ended the programme at McDonalds and i parted ways with my friends as I continued my journey back with daddy and they headed back to school in the chartered bus.

What a holiday this has been ...

No comments: