Sunday, September 30, 2012

Toddling @ Play and Learn Discovery Exhibition

The world of kids education is an ever changing one with constant churn out. We kids wonder how much do we need to absorb to stay in the game.
The Play and Learn Discovery Exhibition was running into it's last day today hence daddy thought it would do some good for me if I spent the late morning 'discovering'.
Some activities were already ongoing so I'd have to skip that and perhaps plan earlier next year. Confidence level was high after my recent colouring competition win.
Choices were abundance! though I had my eye on most of them, my 'financier' kept a safe distance from me so I don't bug him too much.
This particular creative piece caught my interest. The K-Hex play set. Described as a thinking and motivational activity, it not only aroused my curiosity about it but made me spent the 2nd most amount of time in a booth.
It's these rubber like pins that are plugged into a board to create art. I was glued to it and won my way in getting myself a kit for home play time.
And the activity that got me glued the longest time was at the Hankidz booth offering an outstanding children program. Well .. what it really does is measure the confidence and ability to articulate in a child. Not many takers at first but eventually it got busy.
We were given a pre-cut mask each to colour as part of the build up, maybe about what it depicts to us? I was given an elephant and had a story ready.
Next, we got into a group discussion and each of us were to say a thing or 2 about about each of us and it was to measure how we expressed ourselves. If you notice the invigilators hard at work trying to guess which one of us were speaking.
I was in awe as the teacher was quite an expressive person for i didn't fare too well in that but scored top marks on independence, connectivity and for being the first one to volunteer for every question. One particular invigilator was so impressed, she gave me a thumbs up with the expression 'you go girl'!

No comments: