Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toddling with ASIMO

Last Sunday was a very inspiring trip for me to 1 Utama. I had the opportunity to see ASIMO in action. ASIMO stands for Advance Step in Innovative Mobility. It is a humanoid robot created by Honda Motor Company.

There was a large turnout to see him in action. ASIMO resembles a small astronaut wearing a backpack. He can walk or run on his little two feet up to 6 km/h. I'm faster, I can do 10 km/h. Watch him go.



Some lucky children were picked from the audience to dance with ASIMO on stage. Daddy didn't wanna send me up cause I bound to steal the limelight with my dancing skills.

According to Honda, there are 46 of them worldwide. Each one costs less than $1 million USD. With such a price tag, I can forget about getting him as my buddy to play with.

He is indeed an inspiration to all of us that The Sky is the Limit. Makes my spirit soar high.

No comments: