Saturday, December 31, 2011

Toddling @ Times Square & Science Center

Most families with school going kids would be spending the last few days of the holidays getting school supplies & uniforms. But I on the other hand had an entirely different plan.
I've got my uniform, books and pretty much set for 5 year old Kindergarten so how do I finish the next few days ... starting with Berjaya Times Square Theme Park!
Daddy completed some office work early so we hit the park yesterday right at opening time, 11am. I couldn't do the big rides for not meeting the height requirement so we settled for all the kiddy rides at Level 7. Roller Coaster in another year or 2.
It was pretty deserted and being the first few early birds at the park, we had the luxury of asking for 2nds and 3rds for each of our rides.
Even the kiddy bumper cars were empty. The ride attendants pushed some empty cars out for me so I had that crash effect while I took mine for a spin.
Part of the Merry-Go-Round setup was a tea cup that you could sit in and turn a handle in the middle that got the cup spinning while the ride was going on. Gave both daddy and myself a massive headache but the experience was exhilarating.
Cosmo was due to make an appearance but failing to spot him, this was the least I had.
This morning was round 2, a dash to the National Science Center hoping to emulate the Times Square experience enjoying the displays minus the crowd.
It was gradually building up throughout the morning but I had a whale of a time starting with this cool aqua tunnel.
I volunteered for the first activity at the science show and got myself a button for the effort. The 2nd one had heavy fire works. Both daddy & I kept a safe distance from the stage...:-p
Had a hand in some fascinating science ...
Made electricity ...
And some music too.
The Dino's Alive was going on so we took a detour to enjoy the animatronics. It was scary with the loud Dinosaur growls in a dim lit room. Didn't stay long.
This topped the animatronics! A showcase of how the idea was mooted by a Japanese company, Kokoro, the build and showcase of an actual Android.
She answered to any questions we posted which created some doubts if it was being dubbed by someone from behind the stage ... why? it spoke flawless Malay.
This got daddy a little irked. The Try-science unit was under maintenance.

No comments: