Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Day @ School - Beaconhouse Sri Inai

I have been eagerly awaiting the new school term for I'm stepping into Year 1 primary! It's a new school with an all new syllabus to enjoy learning and experiencing.
The unique selling point here is the hybrid curriculum which means that I learn all the subjects based on Cambridge primary syllabus and having Bahasa Malaysia as per the Malaysian KSSR standards. This, I'm assured will give me the best of both worlds.
Orientation was on Friday, 3rd January and actual classes began on the 6th. Waking up at 6:30am weekdays was a tough one for me but I had prior training thanks to daddy.
He will be sending me to school as it's on his way to office and before I headed out, we had a prayer seeking blessings from Lord Ganesha for a great school year!
On orientation day, daddy wanted to try out a new route so we reached pretty early. I decided to wait in the library for the event proper to kickoff. Daddy and other parents were busy checking out the class assignment and who the respective teachers were.
When the announcements were made, we all gathered at the center court before we were divided to our respective classes. Principal John and Sukeshini walked around trying to calm anxious children and parents.
A very pleasant looking lady called out my name along with others who later on introduced herself as Teacher Sugu, our class teacher!
I'm in Year 1 Johann Strauss! This is super cool, to be in a class named after the Austrian composer famous for his waltzes. The Blue Danube being the most famous composition of his son, Johann Strauss II who continued his father's musical legacy.
As I was busy introducing myself, I was pointed out to be the tallest girl in class, creating instant recognition for standing out among my peers ... literally!
We were given a tour of the school, the computer lab, canteen (where we had our morning break) and the library, which I got a chance to experience earlier.
Here's an excellent view of the insides from the 2nd floor.
I made new friends instantly and some of them still had some separation anxiety which I am pretty sure they will overcome. Those that I instantly clicked with were pretty awesome and this made me feel assured that we're gonna rock Year 1!
Dashing in my school uniform!
All geared up in my sports outfit.
My school is built on great values and a history of excellence and it made me feel very proud to be part of it and I am, just like daddy, convinced this is the school for me.

No comments: