Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Eats - Arabian & Yemeni Meal

I was introduced to Arabian meal at daddy's colleagues wedding reception. Back then I was not into new food discovery hence avoided trying them out.
I gave it a shot at Sam Hadramawt restaurant serving Arabic and Yemeni cuisine. The menu inviting with different choices tempting the taste bud.
It was a simple ambiance with an LCD screen showing exactly how it was prepared which gave us a good insight on the main course boasting super tender meat.
Starter was creamy chicken (left) and lamb (right) soup.
Main course - Chicken
Main Course - Lamb.

I'm not sure if it was mandy or kabsah. Daddy settled that as I got quite mixed up with the order nevertheless they both were delicious.
My favourite was the Hummus. Arabic food dip made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. The Vimto blackcurrant juice was equally brilliant. I had double serving!

No comments: