Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Thai Pongal!

Happy Pongal everyone! This year's celebration fell on The Prophet Muhammad's Birthday holiday automatically giving us a day off to celebrate too!
I woke up as I do for school and got involved actively in the preparation work. One of my tasks was to pick the flowers for prayers.
The other was getting the Mango leaves for the Maavilai Thoranam. They need to be thoroughly cleaned before I can hang them up. 
I applied the sacred ash (Vibhuti), santhanam & kungumam on them.
The old leaves were removed first.
The new ones went up nicely. This by the way was performed under strict adult supervision with all safety measures taken into account ;-)
Looking splendid!
Once again the pongal took place indoors.
With constant guide from Grandma, I did a great job.

No comments: