Saturday, October 10, 2009

Deepavali - 7 Days to Go!

The time of celebration is here again. The festival of lights ... Deepavali. October 17th when good overcomes evil many will be observing their beliefs and practices to mark this day.

I'm a year older grown with wider perspective of my surroundings. Going to a playgym and starting to dress and eat on my own (occasionally) does give me the power of choice which is why I'm beginning to be selective and making some of the decisions.

The countdown begins to 'Satyavin Athiradi Deepavali' (Satya's Rocking Deepavali) as yet again the whole festivity is centered on me.

We kick started with shopping. Where else but Brickfields and Jalan Tengku Kelana in Klang. We've already done ours at both these locations!

City folks often rush for last minute bargain but we rather pay a little more in order to have some peace of mind while we shop much earlier.

They've got all lined up from food items, clothings, jewelry and even these lovely statues of Hindu Gods. Grandpa gave me a Hanuman statue as a present few weeks back. Being an ardent devotee, I can't help admiring him, much as I'd like not to grab any attention by doing so.

He carries the strength of gracefulness yet firm. Something to ponder while I munch on my 'Murukku'.

No comments: