Friday, May 2, 2014

Beaconhouse Junior School Telematch

After a great deal of practice, every Friday to be exact, I was all prepared and excited for my first sports day in junior school.
It was held at the British International School. Beautiful place and the artificial turf was certainly a plus point. Should any of us fall, the impact would be minimal.
The school was located in Bandar Utama and had this huge underground parking. Could simply mean the senior students must be driving to school.
The swimming pool was another aspect of the school to be envy of.
I was an hour early and caught some of my teachers making lots of last minute arrangements for the big day. The welcoming committee was busy handing out the agenda and guiding the parents to their seats.
I was part of the Eco friendly green house. Going with our colour theme, we took on the Green Lantern avatar. Each of us had a bright head gear and our very own green lantern ring. Putting it on really gave me the much needed boost to seize the day!
The march past around the field was in so much energy and as we stopped in front of the VIP stand, we sang the green house song and waved our green flag. Rousing applause was heard in the background.
Obviously it made more sense for Hal Jordan to be there in person. For the non comic book person, Hal, a test pilot who was given a power ring by a dying alien, Abin Sur, and who became a member of the Green Lantern Corps, an interstellar organization of police overseen by the Guardians of the Universe. I must say, it's pretty complicated and took me a while to digest the details.
Game On! Lots of tumbling and twisting on the obstacle run.
The 2nd run was to 'dress' the person waiting at the end of the line before we run back to tag the next person. I got the easy one, putting on the hat.
As you can see, she was all dressed up and being the 2nd anchor runner, my speed made all the difference in nailing a winning spot.
There was lots of strategy planning before execution and I must thank each of my year one counterparts who made the race a memorable one.
The prize was given out by the Director of Schools and our principal, Mr. John.
My team won 2nd place from the 1st race but we had to settle for the consolation prize at the dress up race.
Part and parcel of being in sports is to endure some strains and pains. Nevertheless, I was proud to have contributed to Green house emerging 2nd place overall.

No comments: