Sunday, May 25, 2014

First Semester Academic Progress

It turned out to be a much better day then what I initially envisioned it to be cause it was my 1st academic and co-curriculum progress report day.
Parents were all early since we were there 10 minutes to 10am and had trouble finding parking. I know I did well but there's always that fear of meeting expectations.
We lined up at the corridor just outside our respective classrooms waiting for our turn. As my turn came, my class teacher Miss Sugu took us thru my report and we spent a good 30 minutes reviewing my achievements and accomplishments.
Daddy and I made it a point to meet my Bahasa, Art, Mandarin and Physical Education teacher to hear their feedback as well. The highlight was when we met the head of Junior school who recognized me by my name and instantly made daddy proud!
Back when I graduated from Kindergarten, daddy did mention that it isn't about the marks but the learning experience that matters the most and the man stood by that statement till this day. In a cynical world where parents push their kids expecting nothing less than 100% in all subjects, I'm happy daddy gives me the freedom to pace my learning and decide on my interest in co-curriculum activities.
My results were very good (literally) and he tried to work his way out with Play-Doh's. I'm expecting something big Daddy, not going to let you get off scot free that easily.

No comments: