Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wesak Day Wishes

Wesak Day for me, like previous years, is celebrated at the Sentul Buddhist Temple. We normally get there by 11am and stay on till about 1 or 2pm.
The day started off with prayers at home as we have a small shrine for the lovely golden buddha statue that Grandpa bought many years ago. Flower arrangements and preparing for prayers was my task and I executed them flawlessly.
The temple was crowded just as it is every other year but always in an orderly manner, managed well by the committee and volunteers.
I received the blessings of the priest with an orange string to my wrist.
Remaining of the afternoon was spent at Aunt's place before we headed out for dinner. I tried the 'Thosai Tissue', a little too sweet for me but loved the presentation.

No comments: