Sunday, October 23, 2011

Deepavali - 3 Days to Go!

This could easily be said the most taxing day of all the week long count down throughout my 4 years celebrating Deepavali! Somehow all the massive activities fell on the same day.
It pretty much started in tears for me as I insisted on having KFC Cheesy egg bun combo for breakfast. The urge just hit me and after getting it my way, I was off too drop Sindhu for her grooming session at the same place she stayed during my holiday in Singapore.
Does she look like she was groomed? well for 90 ringgit at least she smells a lot better and some heavy trimming was obvious on her tail and hind legs. A good 4 hours to complete.
After dropping off Sindhu, I got back in a jiffy to get myself ready for the Ms. Saree Competition at Tesco Village Mall, Kepong. A quick shower and lunch before an hour of massive preparatory work.
There were enough pair of hands working tirelessly getting me all prepped up. I can imagine what a professional model goes through every time they hit the ramp.
I was a tad bit nervous but when you hit the runway you don't want to make that too clear for fear of loosing points. As an added accessory, I held on to a little lamp to give that much needed Deepavali touch plus it won't really show if you're nervous since your concentration is on keeping it steady.
The organizers insisted on a 3 minutes show piece while on stage which wasn't easy for me. I didn't want to dance or perform some fancy trick for fear of tripping. I took the safe route with minor spins topped with a million dollar smile.
The efforts paid off handsomely for I was crowned the 3rd place winner. Commendable finish for a 4 year old first timer who was also the youngest among the 7 participants. I was pleasantly surprised and proud of my achievements. It's nice to learn new stuff and an added bonus if you win a prize with it.
The 3rd place prize was a 100 ringgit Tesco voucher but most importantly I gained some valuable experience out of this and without doubt it may not make much of an impact at this stage but my first modeling experience will always be sweet memory to me.
Credit goes to my campaign lead and strong supporter. Cheers to you Uncle Sarvesh!
Later in the evening just as I got back from picking up Sindhu, a surprise was waiting at home. Our first flat screen TV. We opted for a 40 inch LED which is a big difference from the existing 29 inch tube. With great programs lined up on TV, I'll certainly be glued on it.

No comments: