Monday, October 31, 2011

Deepavali Lunch

Last weekend, aunt hosted a small gathering for her colleagues at home and that got us all pretty much worked out helping in getting all the Mise en place in place before their arrival.
As anticipated, I was auto picked to entertain the guests. Being the most vocal and with everyone else a little too shy, I played the role to perfection. Was a little hard to pick a topic with such huge age gap but my experiences growing was a good chat subject over lunch for it rekindled memories to aunt's guests.
Our family friend was tasked to prepare a simple lunch menu and it turned out to be a massive spice infused, oil laden fare that kept me away from them. Daddy had to wash off the curry from the meat for my lunch.
He also whipped a quick dessert for the family. Pan fried banana cooked on low heat with Ribena juice and peanuts served with orange peel. He couldn't figure out a name for it so Dish #252 out of all the unnamed new recipes was enjoyed as it is.
Deepavali will not be complete without catching the new releases in cinema and we made our way to the Kepong TGV to catch Surya's '7 Aum Arivu'. It was extra special for me for it was his commercial pot boiler 'Ayan' marked my first cinematic experience 2 years ago.

No comments: