Sunday, November 18, 2012

Deepavali Open House

This morning, I woke up a little gloomy knowing that daddy's back to work tomorrow and I'm gonna have to figure something out to keep me busy during the day. For today, we decided to drop by Gerakan's (local political party) annual Deepavali open house.
On the way there we drove by the Courthill Sri Ganesha temple as it was the consecration ceremony at 10:30am this morning. The crowd was massive and we couldn't get anywhere near the temple hence I paid my homage from the car.
The travel time from Pudu to Menara PGRM took longer than usual as many roads have been closed for the MRT project.
We must have missed the welcoming committee as the entrance to the hall looked deserted. I'm pretty sure everyone was busy enjoying themselves at lunch.
There were some performances going on to entertain the crowd but I'm pretty sure the general public didn't pay much attention to it.
Folks were seen packing ... nothing new for Malaysians but I do hope it doesn't go to waste. I'm glad someone thought about our police force.
On the way back, daddy gave me a history tour as we drove by grandpa's old office ...

and Pasar Road. It was the busiest market I have seen to date.

No comments: