Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Deepavali!

After a tiresome evening preparing and loads of fireworks, I woke up to a bright Deepavali morning. Weather was good, ambiance was right and 'Rocker Vali' starts!
First thing first, we hit the Kaliamman temple in Kepong to seek divine blessings. One interesting temple patron, instead of the regular flowers and fruits came with an 8 feet Chinese red firecracker and cracked the morning with it's piercing sound.
Grandma and grandpa's visitors made a beeline and we enjoyed serving them all the delicacies we prepared and bought. Being the star attraction was something I'm used to hence I played the perfect host entertaining them.
Later about mid day, my regular stop for Deepavali lunch was at my Uncle's place. We enjoyed a sumptuous feast and spent the rest of the afternoon there.
Evening I enjoyed my first try at a western dish, signature fusion lamb shank and mushroom chicken. Though the lamb looked inviting I decided to stick to poultry.
This was an interesting snack that was served, peanuts with anchovies!
The next day was our regular breaking fast lunch for which Grandma prepared an all vegetarian serving and yet again I played the perfect host to Uncle's family.
Rest of the afternoon I spent resting for a marathon 3 hours later in the evening for the first screening of Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay's Thuppakki at Metro Prima Kepong.
The movie was simply superb. Director Murugadoss's story shot by Santhosh Sivan with crisp editing by Shreekar Prasad gave life to a revamped Vijay!
It was a massive Rocker Vali. Wishing everyone a Happy and Prosperous Deepavali!

2 comments:

dhena said...

Happy Deepavali to you, daddy and all at home..

Unknown said...

Happy Deepavali to you too Aunty1